The Midland LXT118 is a 22 Channel GMRS with up to 18 Mile Range and packed in pairs. The LXT118 features channel scan to check for activity, Auto Squelch to remove annoying background noise, 1 Level of VOX, and Accessory Jacks that may be used with the Midland’s AVP1, AVPH1, AVPH2, AVPH3, AVPH4, and AVPH5 Headsets. With the dual power option, the LXT118 operates on 3 AAA batteries (Not Included) or rechargeable batteries (Not Included) To ensure you get maximum range: 1. Be sure to use fresh or fully charged batteries – low batteries will cause low power conditions. 2. Be sure you are on a GMRS channel – FRS channels are restricted by the FCC to low power. Optimum Conditions are: 1. Open rural areas without obstructions. 2. Flat areas where you can see the other person. 3. Over water.
- 2-WAY RADIOS – These walkie-talkies feature 22 FRS (Family Radio Service) channels, along with channel scan to check for activity
- 18-MILE RANGE – Longer range communication in open areas with little or no obstruction
- HANDS-FREE – Easy Voice and Sound Activation Transmission (eVOX) for hands-free operation
- KEYPAD CONTROL – Keypad lock prevents accidental activation of function/mode keys. Keystroke tones provides audible tones with each key press for response or confirmation. Use silent operation to turn off all tones
- DUAL POWER OPTIONS – Use rechargeable batteries (not included) or 3 AAA alkaline batteries (not included) to power your radio (includes a battery life extender). Charge your device through the headset jack